Microblading is a name for eyebrows semi-permanent treatment which is different from permanent eyebrows tattoo technique but requires the same aftercare steps to follow to achieve the best results.
Let`s look at each step more detailed.
Follow these steps for at least 10 days:
- Clean the treated area carefully with a cotton pad and clean water but avoid getting the skin too wet.
- Use ointment around the treated area which will keep the it moist.
- Do not peel, pick or scratch the treated area, it may cause scarring.
- Avoid direct sun, no tanning salons.
- Do not go to sauna, hut bath, jacuzzi .
- No physical activity or exercises which makes you sweat a lot.
- Avoid any laser or chemical treatments.
- Do not drink alcohol excessively for the first days after the procedure, it may lead to slow healing the wounds.
- Do not use eyebrows makeup, cleansers or facial products until its fully healed.
Come for a recommended touch up treatment 4-6 weeks after the first procedure.
What to expect after microblading session
First week On the very first days after microblading session, your eyebrows will look dark and sharp. The reason for that is that a pigment didn’t settle up yet and stays on the closest layer of the dermis.
Around day 5 after a session the healing process will start to take place and the pigment starts to come off. Itching and flaking may appear during this period, so it is very important to remember do not peel, pick or scratch that skin, it may cause scarring. By the end of first week you may think that your new eyebrows are fading too soon, but no need to worry, this is only an excessive artificial color which will look like dry skin and naturally fall off in the following weeks.
Second week At this period the pigment will start to reappear in the places where it looked faded or uneven before. Your new eyebrows will look just like you expected when the healing process is completely done around 4-6 weeks after the first session.
After this period you may come back to your technician for a touch up procedure which is highly recommended.